Greetings Nu Upsilon members!
Welcome to the chapter from your chapter president. I am thrilled and extremely proud to serve as president of the Nu Upsilon chapter for another two years. The general meeting earlier this week was a great success. It was fun sharing important chapter information with attendees and even more fun networking with everyone. Stay tuned for the zoom recording, report, and minutes to be added to the chapter website.
Here is a bit of the information I shared at the beginning of the meeting.
Our Nu Upsilon Chapter of Sigma Honor Society of Nursing has almost 3,000 active members around the world. Within the past couple of years, our chapter has increased our active members by almost six times. WOW!!!!
We have faced many challenges during the past “Year of Covid” but have coped by implementing a variety of strategies:
- Virtual board meetings
- Virtual inductions (additional events)
- Increased collaboration
- Increased dedication by the amazing officers and leadership team (committee chairs and members)
- Cocktails with Dr. Love
- Increased discussion and promotion of chapter website
Some chapter goals and initiatives for 2021-2022 include:
- Infuse Joy!
- Become the largest member-focused Sigma chapter to allow significant opportunities for individual professional growth for our members.
- Add value for all members... continuing education, service projects, mentorships, and so much more.
- Share accomplishments
- Increase volunteers for chapter committees.
- Network with other members via the chapter discussion board and social media
- Develop and utilize methods and innovative technology to ensure benefits for members outside the greater Phoenix area.
- Continue with scholarly awards (academic scholarships, research grants, & stipends for dissemination of scholarly work).
- Increase Nu Upsilon service projects to benefit your communities, including those across the nation.
Thanks to all our wonderful Nu Upsilon officers, amazing leadership team, fantastic members, and outstanding administrative coordinator, Maria, for making our chapter a stellar success!
Leading with heart, integrity, & love!!!!